Sunday, October 4, 2009

House Painting


We finally painted another side of the house yesterday. After six straight hours (and two very sore arms) we completed the easy east side. Next, the peak on the front and a small strip near the porch need to be primed (how we missed that I don't know). The west side is primed for paint, but it lies 6 feet higher off the ground. I am NOT excited to start that, but will be so glad to see it completed. This cold, rainy day is giving us a break, but I'm hopeful that next weekend will prove productive again. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Our winter garden isn't growing as quickly as I hoped. Only a few spinach seeds germinated and the carrots are slow going. The nasturtiums are doing pretty well, but I think I need to pull out the cold frames to warm up the bed. My mother in law gave me some beautiful antique windows a few years ago. I'm going to paint them with the leftover blue porch paint, stack them on some concrete blocks or hay bales, and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment